About this scholarship
Established by the Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart, Queensland, through Australian Catholic University, to commemorate and honour the work of their foundress Mary MacKillop. This scholarship recognises and rewards undergraduate ACU students who can demonstrate support and involvement in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Open: CLOSED
- Close: CLOSED
One scholarship valued at $2,500 is available each year, paid in one lump sum.
Commencing and current
- Citizenship: Australian
- Target group: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Faculty: any
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Campus: Brisbane
- Year level: First or second year
- Required study load: Full time
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining how the Scholarship could financially support the applicant's intended program of study
- Evidence of the applicant's contribution to, and/or leadership in, community service
- Academic transcript (current)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Community service
- Academic merit
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office in consultation with the First Peoples and Equity Pathways Directorate, and recipients selected by the donor.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Page last updated: 2017-11-08
Short url: https://www.acu.edu.au/684486