About this scholarship
Established in 2015 by Ellen Maev O’Collins for the purpose of assisting ACU’s Social work and Health Sciences students at the Canberra campus to overcome financial disadvantage.
- Open: Friday, 21 July 2017
- Close: Monday, 12 March 2018
The scholarship valued at $3,500, to be paid in one lump sum.
There is one scholarship available.
Commencing and Current
- Citizenship: Australian citizens
- Target group: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Faculty: Health Sciences
- Course: any ACU degree
- Campus: Canberra
- Year level: any
- Required study load: full-time
- Financial hardship
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- Evidence of financial need
- Most recent Tax Assessment Notice OR
- Centrelink Income Statement OR
- the most recent 60 days of bank transactions AND pay slips from the last 6 weeks
- Evidence of academic merit
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Financial need
- Academic merit
Preference will be given to students studying the Bachelor of Social Work. If a suitable Social Work recipient is not found then the Scholarship will be available for applicants studying any other course offered by the Faculty of Health Sciences.
The recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office, in consultation with the First Peoples and Equity Pathways Directorate.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Page last updated: 2018-03-13
Short url: https://www.acu.edu.au/796911