About this scholarship
The Elite Athlete and Performer Program (EAPP) is a Student Engagement and Services initiative to support student athletes and performers dual career. This Financial EAPP Scholarship is designed to support elite athletes who participate in national or international competition. As student athletes or performers the opportunity to earn an income on top of an already demanding training and study load is difficult. This scholarship is designed to support student athletes and performers in succeeding in elite competition and academic goals.
- Open: CLOSED
- Close: CLOSED
- Up to $2,000 available, depending on the elite level of the athlete or performer, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There is one scholarship available.
Commencing and Current
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: domestic
- Faculty: any
- Course: any ACU degree
- Campus: any
- Year level: any
- Applied to become a member of ACU's Elite Athlete and Performer Program
- Affiliated with the Australian Sports Commission OR are an international, national or state based performing artist, affiliated with an international or national performing arts company.
You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 500 words outlining:
- Your current involvement in your sport or performing art
- Your future career aspirations
- How the scholarship will assist you to reach your future goals.
- Sporting or Performing arts Resume` outlining relevant achievements
- Written reference from your coach, career officer, manager or club
- Evidence of your contribution to recent (past 12 months) sporting or performing competitions.
- Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Written reference from sporting or performing organisation
- Proven sporting or performing excellence at a state, national or international level within the last 12 months
- Previous representation in co-curricular activities at ACU
- Preference will be given to non-mainstream professional and amateur sports or performing arts that are affiliated with the Australian Sports Commission or Performing Arts Organisations.
- Applicants will be shortlisted by the Elite Athlete and Performer Program team where recipients will be recommended and endorsed by the Selection Committee.
- Applicants will be notified by mail regarding the outcome of their submission during March each year.
- Recipients are expected to attend all Elite Athlete and Performer Program events and where possible represent ACU in Australian University Sport endorsed programs such as Australian University Games
- Willing to promote and support the EAPP and other Health Sport and Wellbeing Programs
- Student Athletes and Performers are expected to behave in a professional manner in accordance with the ACU Student Conduct and Discipline Policy whilst representing ACU. A breach of the policy may result in your EAPP scholarship being withdrawn
- Recipients are to remain enrolled for semester 1 and semester 2 after the census date in order to receive funds
- Remain enrolled in course of study for the duration of the year
- Pass all attempted units in each study period
- Maintain EAPP status
Applications are closed
Page last updated: 2017-11-08
Short url: https://www.acu.edu.au/1140931