About this scholarship
This is an endowed scholarship established in 2006 by the Sisters of Mercy in Queensland to honour Sister Catherine McAuley, founder of the Sisters of Mercy, and in recognition of the predecessor college McAuley College.
- Open: Friday, 21 July 2017
- Close: Sunday, 5 March 2018
- The scholarship is valued at up to $12,500. It will be paid in instalments of $2,500 per annum for the minimum duration of your course.
- There is one scholarship available.
- Citizenship: domestic and international students
- Faculty: Health Sciences, Education and Arts or Law and Business
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree (except Theology)
- Campus: Brisbane
- Year level: First year
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 100 words outlining;
- Why have you chosen to undertake your degree?
- What do you hope to achieve with it in the future?
- Evidence of the applicant's involvement and/or leadership in community service through activities designed to create a more just, merciful and sustainable world.
- Two written references.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement.
- Evidence of contribution to community service.
- Written references.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, students with social and economic disadvantages, or students from rural and regional areas.
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by the donor.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor each year, explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Page last updated: 2018-03-06
Short url: https://www.acu.edu.au/338249