About this scholarship
Established by Dr Robert and Mrs Margaret Frater to recognise and reward those teachers within Catholic primary schools who display leadership qualities and commitment, and who will contribute to the continuing development and enhancement of the school system, through participation in an international experience.
- Open: Monday, 28 August 2017
- Close: Monday, 12 March 2018
- The scholarship is valued at up to $10,000, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There is one scholarship available.
- Citizenship: domestic and international students
- Must be working in the teaching profession in a New South Wales or Australian Capital Territory Catholic primary school
- Must be an early career teacher or a teacher returning to career after a break
- Faculty: any
- Course: any ACU postgraduate degree
- Campus: Canberra, North Sydney, Strathfield or National
- Year level: any
- Alumni who have completed their postgraduate studies at ACU (including predecessor colleges)
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- Current resumé, including outline of teaching experience
- A written statement of 1,500 words outlining:
- what you are looking forward to about your travel and what do you expect to gain from it
- how you engage with your community and how this reflects the mission and values of ACU
- how you will share what you learn
- Budget outline of estimated expenses relating to your chosen conference or activity
- Written reference (School Principal)
- Written reference (personal)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Written references
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office. Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview with the Selection Committee consisting of a representative of the Frater family, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students, Learning and Teaching), the Head, School of Educational Leadership (or nominee) and a representative from the Catholic Education Offices in New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October 2018.
Page last updated: 2018-03-20
Short url: https://www.acu.edu.au/338229