About the grant
In 2017, in conjunction with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students, Learning and Teaching) the Australian Catholic University Postgraduate Association (ACUPGA) established the ACUPGA Grant. The ACUPGA Grant has been designed to assist students with the associated costs of attending conferences, humanitarian activities, undertaking practicums or other further student travel and/or training that supports the studies of ACU students.
- Open: Sunday, 1 April 2018
- Close: Monday, 30 April 2018
Five grants are available, valued at $750, and paid in one lump sum.
The Grant is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: domestic and international student
- Faculty: any
- Course: any ACU postgraduate degree
- Campus: any
- Year level: any
- Required study load: current study load in a postgraduate coursework or research program, at the time of submitting this application.
- Presenting at a conference, undertaking a humanitarian activity, completing a regional or rural placement, or other student training. The activity must be undertaken within 6 months before or after the application closing date.
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining what you hope to gain from your chosen activity
- Evidence of completion or intent to complete the chosen activity
- Budget of estimated expenses, or evidence of previous expenditure, relating to your chosen activity
- Applications are assessed on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Preference will be given to students who have not received any other ACU scholarship, grant or bursary related to travel and training identified in this application.
The recipients will be determined by a selection committee consisting of the ACUPGA President, ACUPGA Vice-President (Coursework) and ACUPGA Vice-President (HDR).
- ACUPGA Office holders must withdraw from the selection committee to apply.
- Students are only eligible to receive the Grant once during their studies at ACU.
- Recipients are requested to submit a letter of approximately 250 words outlining how the Grant has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the ACUPGA President no later than 1 month after the travel or training has been undertaken.
Page last updated: 2018-03-21
Short url: https://www.acu.edu.au/1273745