About this scholarship
The Emergency Nursing staff of St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne have raised funds over the years to establish this bursary to support socially and economically disadvantaged students who aspire to join the nursing profession. Established in 2014 this bursary offers students the opportunity to be supported whilst studying Nursing at ACU and the opportunity to interview for a graduate year at St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne.
- Open: Friday, 21 July 2017
- Close: Monday, 12 March 2018
- The scholarship is valued at $2,500, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There is one scholarship available.
Commencing and Current
- Citizenship: domestic and international students
- Faculty: Health Sciences
- Course: Undergraduate Nursing or Midwifery degree
- Campus: Melbourne
- Year level: any
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 300 words outlining:
- Why have you chosen to undertake your degree? And what do you hope to achieve with it in the future?
- Tell us about the hardship or barriers you have faced in accessing higher education, and how your degree will change your future.
- Written reference which addresses the above criteria.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Written reference
- Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarship Office and recipients selected by the donor.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview.
- The selected recipient will be given an opportunity to attend an interview for a place at St Vincent’s Hospital for their graduate year.
- Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Preference will be given to applicants who have undertaken the Rotary Next Step Program.
Page last updated: 2018-03-13
Short url: https://www.acu.edu.au/684328