Use this form if you have received an undergraduate course offer and want to delay starting your studies for up to 12 months.

Please note: Deferment is not available for postgraduate coursework, Honours and non-award offers.

What do I need to do?

To defer your offer you must complete a two-step process:

  1. If you have enrolled in units, withdraw from all units in the Student Portal.
  2. Submit this form before the closing date.

If your offer is for first semester 2019, you must submit this form before 10 March 2019.

For a second semester 2019 offer, submit this form by 11 August 2019.

Semester dates can be found on the Academic Calendar.

If you're an International student please contact International student support.


Enter text shown in the image

If you are experiencing difficulties submitting this form, please try opening this page and submitting the form again using Google Chrome or Firefox, or please contact

Have a question?


We're available 9am–5pm AEDT,
Monday to Friday

Live chat with us now

Chat to our team for real-time
answers to your questions.

Launch live chat
Visit our FAQs page

Find answers to some commonly
asked questions.

See our FAQs