The Course Enrolment Guide is designed to help you enrol in the right units for your course

How to select units and enrol

Step 1

Make sure you have read your course rules in the Handbook and that you are familiar with the rules and structure of your course. You should refer to the entry for the year you commenced your course. The Handbook provides detailed information about requirements for completion, exit points, any available majors, minors or specialisations, core curriculum units and descriptions of units. It is your responsibility to ensure you enrol in the correct units for your course.

Step 2

Decide on your major, minor or specialisation (if applicable). Check below to see if there are any special requirements for this course.

Step 3

Read the course map (link below). Maps may vary depending on the campus and the year you started your course so make sure you refer to the correct map.

Step 4

Next up, check the elective units offered at your campus this year. Pay attention to prerequisite requirements. These are noted in your course map and in the Handbook. If there are any additional unit requirements for your course they will be listed below. Not all courses have elective units.

Step 5

In your Student Portal click on My Account, then My Enrolment to see step-by-step instructions on how to enrol in your units. You must enrol for the whole academic year if you commence in Semester 1 or if you are re-enrolling. You can change your enrolment up until the census date for each semester or professional term. See the Academic CalendarAcademic Calendar for key dates.

Special requirements

Please note that this course has undergone a scheduled course review and a slightly revised curriculum is introduced from 2020.

If you are a continuing student and unsure about your enrolment in 2020, please contact your course coordinator for advice.

If you are a commencing student, please select one of the course maps displayed below to guide your enrolment for 2020. Please ensure that the map you select is the one relevant to your specialisation (if you want to study with a specialisation). Should you need additional advice or have questions regarding your correct enrolment, please contact your course coordinator.

Course rules

To view the Course Rules for the year you commenced your degree, click the relevant link below

Course maps

Unit offerings

Please note that study modes and unit availability are subject to change and not all units are on offer at all times. Units might be offered in different modes (attendance, multi-mode or online). If you are unsure which mode of a unit is the most suitable for you, please contact your course coordinator prior to enrolling.

Minimum enrolment numbers apply to all units. The University reserves the right to cancel units with low enrolment numbers.  Students will be advised of cancellations prior to the start of semester and offered an alternative unit if one is available.

You must enrol for the whole academic year if you commence in Semester 1 or if you are re-enrolling. You can change your enrolment up until the census date for each semester or professional term. See the Academic CalendarAcademic Calendar for key dates.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the University may need to cancel or change the campus or study modes of unit offerings, possibly at short notice. Please ensure you check your student email account regularly and refer to your timetable to confirm delivery method.

Professional practice

Students participating in Professional Practice or Community Engagement activities might be asked to complete a range of background checks, certifications, immunisations and registrations as required by Federal and State/Territory laws prior to commencing their placement, practicum or field experience. Please refer to the Work Integrated Learning webpage to see which requirements you need to fulfil for your study program in your State/Territory. Further information can also be obtained from your Course Coordinator.

Credit / recognition of prior learning

If you have already studied at university or have significant relevant work experience, you can apply for credit towards your ACU course. Credited units replace units you would otherwise study, so you might be able to finish your course earlier. You can apply for credit towards your ACU course by completing an Application for Credit / Recognition of Prior LearningApplication for Credit / Recognition of Prior Learning form. The form should be submitted no later than the census date in the first semester of your enrolment in the course. The census date is the last day you can make changes to your student enrolment before you become committed to your fees.

Credit may only be granted for study completed within the last 10 years.

Course advice

For all general enquiries, or questions regarding your enrolment, fees, timetabling, results or graduation please contact AskACU.

Contact AskACU

Have a question?


We're available 9am–5pm AEDT,
Monday to Friday

If you’ve got a question, our AskACU team has you covered. You can search FAQs, text us, email, live chat, call – whatever works for you.

Live chat with us now

Chat to our team for real-time
answers to your questions.

Launch live chat
Visit our FAQs page

Find answers to some commonly
asked questions.

See our FAQs