The Course Enrolment Guide is designed to help you enrol in the right units for your course

How to select units and enrol

Step 1

Make sure you have read your course rules in the Handbook and that you are familiar with the rules and structure of your course. You should refer to the entry for the year you commenced your course. The Handbook provides detailed information about requirements for completion, exit points, any available majors, minors or specialisations, core curriculum units and descriptions of units. It is your responsibility to ensure you enrol in the correct units for your course.

Step 2

Decide on your major, minor or specialisation (if applicable). Check below to see if there are any special requirements for this course.

Step 3

Read the course map (link below). Maps may vary depending on the campus and the year you started your course so make sure you refer to the correct map.

Step 4

Next up, check the elective units offered at your campus this year. Pay attention to prerequisite requirements. These are noted in your course map and in the Handbook. If there are any additional unit requirements for your course they will be listed below. Not all courses have elective units.

Step 5

In your Student Portal click on My Account, then My Enrolment to see step-by-step instructions on how to enrol in your units. You must enrol for the whole academic year if you commence in Semester 1 or if you are re-enrolling. You can change your enrolment up until the census date for each semester or professional term. See the Academic CalendarAcademic Calendar for key dates.

Special requirements

The are no special requirements for this course.

Course maps

Students who wish to complete this course by micro-credentials should contact the course coordinator for advice.

Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Course map

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the University may need to cancel or change the campus or study modes of unit offerings, possibly at short notice. Please ensure you check your student email account regularly and refer to your timetable to confirm delivery method.

Credit / recognition of prior learning

If you have already studied at university or have significant relevant work experience, you can apply for credit towards your ACU course. Credited units replace units you would otherwise study, so you might be able to finish your course earlier. You can apply for credit towards your ACU course by completing an Application for Credit / Recognition of Prior LearningApplication for Credit / Recognition of Prior Learning form. The form should be submitted no later than the census date in the first semester of your enrolment in the course. The census date is the last day you can make changes to your student enrolment before you become committed to your fees.

Credit may only be granted for study completed within the last 10 years.

Course advice

For all general enquiries, or questions regarding your enrolment, fees, timetabling, results or graduation please contact AskACU.

Contact AskACU

Have a question?


We're available 9am–5pm AEDT,
Monday to Friday

If you’ve got a question, our AskACU team has you covered. You can search FAQs, text us, email, live chat, call – whatever works for you.

Live chat with us now

Chat to our team for real-time
answers to your questions.

Launch live chat
Visit our FAQs page

Find answers to some commonly
asked questions.

See our FAQs