Female Football Skill Acquisition Program (SAP) for schools
SAP is offered to schools with the aim of teaching basic skills, increasing the number of female participants in sport, providing a lifelong physical activity approach to health and fitness, and building a greater football community.
The program caters for all ability levels and provides a diverse range of activities suitable for girls aged between eight to twelve years of age. Based on the Football Federation of Australia’s (FFA) national curriculum, coaches will introduce students to the four fundamental aspects of football:
- 1 vs 1
- first touch
- running with the ball
- striking the ball
All sessions will take place on school grounds either before or during school hours (hours are negotiable).
ACU will provide:
- one qualified grassroots coach (with a Working With Children's Check) per 11 students
- equipment for all sessions (participants need to bring their own personal equipment such as shin pads)
- a marketing kit to assist in promoting the program to parents.
School requirements are:
- 50m x 50m grassed area
- 10+ female players
- one staff member from the school to be present at each session
- school permission forms to be completed by all students prior to the first session.
Benefits of participating
- Fun, safe and comfortable environment for girls to learn and develop their skills.
- Players are exposed to the football education process.
- We will help players to develop socially, to be polite, to interact with others and achieve a high level of self-esteem.
- Players will ascertain the importance of teamwork, team spirit and sportsmanship, as well as providing an enjoyable and fun environment for them to thrive in.
Your can register your school for the five week trial SAP below. Once your school has been approved for the program, the ACU Sports Administrator will confirm your start date and coach details.
*Please note this is a free program that new schools can sign up to.
To register you school for the five-week or 10-week SAP for schools, click on either of the below links. Please note that payment is required for this program and can be made by the school in one transaction (invoice), or individually by the parent/guardian of the student.
Meet our coaches
Samia is currently studying a Bachelor of Physical Activity and Health Science at ACU. She has grassroots coaching qualifications and has played the game from a young age for various local teams.
Bianca is currently studying Physiotherapy at ACU and has played football from a young age. She has grassroots coaching qualifications and has a strong playing background being part of multiple Futsal National squads, playing in Sydney University's first grade team, as well as representing Australia in the U19 Australian School Girls Squad (2017). Bianca is extremely passionate about the game and is excited to pass her skill and knowledge of the game onto younger generations.
Taren is an FFA C Licence coach. She is currently studying at the University of Sydney, plays for their NPL1 team and is an assistant coach for the University of Sydney SAP.
Some career highlights include winning two premierships with her current Sydney Uni SFC team, representing New South Wales on a number of occasions, and playing in the Australian School Girls team. In 2017-18, Taren also played for Canberra United in the Westfield W-League national competition.