The Communications Team works collaboratively with all the portfolios to:
- manage all the society’s social media platforms
- work with the other portfolios to design fun and engaging marketing plans for our events
- develop useful resources for ACU law students
- ensure ACU law students are aware of the society’s beneficial events and resources.
The Communications Team encourages all students to follow our Facebook (@stpatrickslss), LinkedIn (‘St Patrick’s Law Students’ Society’) and Instagram (@stpatrickslss) platforms to have up-to-date information about our initiatives.
- Director of Communications
- Social Media Officer
- Marketing Officers
- IT & Publications Officer
The Competitions Team runs all internal competitions and assists the Law Faculty with any external competitions they may choose to engage in. Our team is dedicated to providing as many opportunities as possible for SPLSS members to apply their legal knowledge, while developing their advocacy and written skills.
We run competitions across all year levels, including Client Interviews, Negotiations, Graham Thomas QC Championship Moot, First Timer’s Moot and the All-Years’ Writing Competition. These competitions are open to people of all skill levels and we provide a number of workshops to ensure that students are aware of the requirements and can learn new things. Positions available:
- Director of Internal Competitions
- Internal Competition Officers
Events and fundraising
The Events and Fundraising Team seeks to host events and fundraisers geared at benefiting our students. We aim to add vibrancy to everyday life as a Law Student, by organising social events where people can develop friendships amongst their own cohort, as well as across other year levels. We understand how comforting it is to see a familiar face in your classes, and believe that developing these connections now are important, as they will carry into our careers in the legal industry. Positions available:
- Director of Events and Fundraising
- Events and Fundraising Officer
The Executive team oversees the Committee to:
- Assist in the overall functioning of SPLSS through the managing of all portfolios
- Communicate with internal and external bodies, including our Sponsors
- Provide support to TMLS students and advocating on their behalf to the Law Faculty.
- Vice President
Immediate past president
The Immediate Past President (‘IPP’) allows the incoming Society to retain valuable lessons and knowledge from the past year. The IPP provides the incoming Executive Team with advice, assistance and support where necessary.
The Professional Development Team provides students with opportunities to gain insight into potential educational and career pathways within the law. We are responsible for organising events and initiatives that will allow students to engage with those already in the legal profession and expose them to the places a Law degree can take them. We host a number of events throughout the year including the Careers Fair, Clerkship Workshops, Mock Clerkship Interviews, Law Breakfast and Panels.
- Director of Professional Development
- Professional Development Officer
- Sponsorship Officer
Equity and wellbeing
The Equity and Wellbeing Team endeavours to equip ACU Law Students with the tools to maintain a healthy whilst completing their studies.
We host a variety of events that encourage positive study habits and general wellbeing. We strive to promote ways in which students can give back to their communities, in a legal and non-legal context. Positions available:
- Director of Equity and Wellbeing
- Equity and Wellbeing Officer
- Uni-Buddy Officer
Year level representatives
The Year Level Representatives Team bridge the gap between the Society and the students. Our representatives update students on current events, publications and opportunities offered by the Society throughout the semester. They also assist in the transition to University, particularly relevant for First Years, and voice the needs of the students to the Society. Positions available:
- First Year Representatives
- Second Year Representatives