New IT Service Portal
We have released a new IT Service portal to staff, to improve how you can request and access IT services.
This initiative is part of our service improvement and service excellence strategy and provides a more efficient way to resolve your IT requests.
We can now collect all the relevant information about your request and allocate it to the right team, which will enable a faster resolution. The portal will also help us to monitor and measure our service standards and performance, and make improvements into the future.
- improved ability to access IT services in a single location 24/7
- increased visibility of your IT requests and their progress
- improved communication and response times to resolve IT requests
- access self-help information and services such as a library of how-to articles and videos t...o help resolve IT problems, and the ability to download and install software automatically
- new ways to provide feedback to help us make continuous IT improvements.
Accessing IT services and support is simple and easy!
You can now:
- make IT requests
- seek assistance to fix issues
- see IT announcements and outages
- access how-to articles and instructional videos
- view the progress of your requests
- download a range of software without IT assistance
- send feedback to help us improve our service
We’ve worked with many areas across the University to ensure the portal design is user friendly and to trial and test the portal before release, we look forward to further staff feedback.
More than 49 IT services are now available on the portal. Many more services and new service improvements will continue to be released on portal over the coming year.
How to get IT help?
The process for requesting IT assistance has changed.
The new portal will replace the online form was has been used to submit IT service requests via the staff website. All staff now need to go to the IT Service Portal to log their IT request or issue.
Any IT requests sent by email to the Service Desk, email@example.com will not generate a ‘Service Desk’ ticket. To help with this transition, IT will monitor all emails coming in until 5 March 2018 to ensure all requests get logged on the IT Service Portal.
Please call the Service Desk x7272, follow the prompts to talk to friendly IT staff who will help guide you on how to use the new portal and make your IT request.
How to use it?
Register for an information session on how to use the new portal and to see how the process for logging IT requests has changed.
Go to the portal and watch our helpful videos:
- Welcome video for a quick overview of portal
- How to make an IT request and report an issue
- How to submit feedback
- Frequently asked questions from our information sessions [add link – document being drafted]
How to access the portal?
- Click on the new IT Service Portal icon on your computer desktop
- Go to the staff website homepage, click on ‘ACU Service Desk’ and select IT Service Portal or look under ‘Quick links’
- Visiting the IT Directorate staff website homepage and click on the IT Service Portal link
- Enter the URL in your web browser https://acu.service-now.com/sp
Sign into the portal using your ACU username and password.
You can access the IT Service Portal from anywhere using any device.
If you are using the IT Service Portal on a mobile device, we recommend you download the Service Now app from the App Store for Apple devices or Google Play for Android devices, to ensure you have the best user experience.
Once the app is installed, open the app. You will be prompted to add an instance, enter ‘acu.service-now.com’, tap continue.
Next you will need to add your ACU username and password, then tap continue. Once logged in tap on the three horizontal bars on the bottom left-hand corner of the app. This will take you to the navigator page. Here you will see a heading called ‘Service Portal’ and a link to ‘IT Service Portal home’, tap on this link to be taken to IT Service Portal homepage.
Why is it needed?
Currently we manage more than 68,000 requests per year. The portal will improve turnaround times through better automation of IT services. It will help us to monitor and measure our IT service standards and performance.
If you have a question or want more information, please:
- Call—Maria Cindric, IT Senior Project Manager 02 9739 2270 or Carolyn Petrovic, IT Communications and Change Coordinator 03 9953 3599
To request IT assistance please call the Service Desk x7272
Page last updated: 2018-02-12
Short url: https://www.acu.edu.au/1341835