Campus vehicles available on Melbourne Campus
Using a campus vehicle
Process for booking the vehicle
- Staff member sends a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or if required immediately makes a request to Campus Operations on (03) 9953 3000
- Staff member should include the following information: pick up time and date; drop off time and date
- A reply will be sent via Service Desk confirming or declining the request.
Cancellation of vehicle bookings
- In the event that a booking needs to be cancelled, 24 working hours notice must be given to Campus Operations via Service Desk (Please quote original booking reference number)
- If notice is less than 24 working hours, then a minimum charge of $20 cancellation fee will be charged to the Department or School.
Return of vehicle
- If for any reason you are unable to return the vehicle at the designated time you must contact Campus Operations on (03) 9953 3000 immediately.
- All drivers must have a valid driver's licence and copies may be kept on Campus Operations files.
Collecting the campus vehicle plastic folder and emergency pack
- The driver collects the campus vehicle plastic folder and emergency pack from Reception and produces a current driving licence
- This plastic folder also contains the keys and a car parking ticket
- The licence number must be entered on the Campus Vehicle Record Form
- The driver is to sign out vehicle in the register at Reception.
- If vehicle is to be taken overnight, the Overnight Usage Form (pdf, 69kb) must be completed prior to taking vehicle.
Location of vehicles
- Cars are parked in the bays on the first level of the Young Street carpark. If in the campus area, the cars should always be parked in the Young Street or 115 Victoria Parade front carpark, not in the surrounding streets.
- Kilometres are to noted on the Campus Vehicle Request Form at the beginning of the journey and checked that this corresponds with the logbook
- Kilometres travelled needs to be inserted onto the Campus Vehicle Request Form on return to the camps.
Accident or other incident
- In the event of an accident all particulars are to be noted, an insurance claim form is to be completed, Campus Operations is to be notified and the completed insurance claim form is to be returned to Campus Operations as soon as practicable (refer ACU Motor Vehicle Insurance Summary included in package)
- If the car is unable to be driven after an accident then the car should be towed to the nearest repairer. The driver may then organise a replacement vehicle, with costs to be recharged to School or Department
- In the event of a flat tyre or broken windscreen, these can be repaired and charged the Fleet Card (Windscreen O,Brien, call 131616).
Petrol or gas
- The vehicle is to be filled with petrol or gas at the end of the return journey using the Fleet Card provided. A form is included in the package showing the nearest Shell service stations.
- All fuel dockets are to be attached to the completed Campus Vehicle Request Form, which must then be returned to the Helpdesk Coordinator by internal mail.
Car parking ticket
- The secure car parking ticket is to be attached to the Log Book in the campus vehicle plastic folder.
Returning the keys
- The campus vehicle plastic folder containing all information and keys are returned to Campus Operations or, if after hours, Reception drop box.
Returning the forms
- All forms must be completed and returned with the car folder or emailed to email@example.com.
Long term parking
- Cars should not be parked in long term parking away from the campus as they may be needed by other people on site.
- The minimum charge for the use of the vehicle is $30 or up to 28 Kilometres, then $0.70 per kilometre there after.
- The charge for the use of the vehicle is put onto a chargeback at the end of the month.
- Campus Vehicles are cleaned on a regular basis however each staff member should return the vehicle in the same condition inside as when it was taken.
See Driver Safety Policy.
Page last updated: 2017-06-26
Short url: https://www.acu.edu.au/36359