Dr Veronika Suni
Exercise and Nutrition Research Program
Areas of expertise: Bioinformatics analyses of ‘omics data, including transcriptomics, epigenomics and proteomics data.
Phone: +613 9230 8163
Location: ACU Melbourne Campus
ORCID ID: 0000-0001-8269-7291
Veronika is a bioinformatics researcher with an interest in ‘omics technologies and large-scale data processing.
Veronika was awarded her PhD in bioinformatics by University of Turku (Finland) in 2019, where she developed computational methods and tools for mass-spectrometry based phosphoproteomics studies. She earned her MSc in Computer Science from her native St. Petersburg State Electrotechnical University "LETI" (Russia) in 2008. Prior to joining ACU, she worked at the Medical Bioinformatics Centre and Proteome research group at Turku Centre for Biotechnology. Veronika has worked with several multi-disciplinary research teams, gaining experience in interpreting different types of life science data. She has also been involved in research, software development and applications for high throughput sequencing data.
Veronika is currently a Bioinformatician in the Exercise and Nutrition Research Program at the Mary MacKillop Institute for Health Research. Her work involves supporting research activities through data analysis, integration and statistical modelling as well as data visualisation, reporting and automation.
- Suni V, Seyednasrollah F, Ghimire B, Junttila S, Laiho A, Elo L. Reproducibility-optimized detection of differential DNA methylation. To appear in Epigenomics.
- Kauko O, Imanishi SY, Kulesskiy E, Yetukuri L, Laajala TD, Sharma M, Pavic K, Aakula A, Rupp C, Jumppanen M, Haapaniemi P, Ruan L, Yadav B, Suni V, Varila T, Corthals GL, Reimand J, Wennerberg K, Aittokallio T, Westermarck J. Phosphoproteome and drug-response effects mediated by the three protein phosphatase 2A inhibitor proteins CIP2A, SET, and PME-1.The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2020 Mar 27;295(13):4194-4211. doi: 10.1074/jbc.RA119.011265
- Takai A, Tsubosaka T, Hirano Y, Hayakawa N, Tani F, Haapaniemi P, Suni V, Imanishi SY. Optimization of TripleTOF spectral simulation and library searching for confident localization of phosphorylation sites. PLoS One. 2019 Dec 2;14(12):e0225885. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0225885.
- Suni V, Suomi T, Tsubosaka T, Imanishi SY, Elo LL, Corthals GL. SimPhospho: a software tool enabling confident phosphosite assignment. Bioinformatics. 2018 Aug 1;34(15):2690-2692. doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/bty151.
- Kauko O, Laajala TD, Jumppanen M, Hintsanen P, Suni V, Haapaniemi P, Corthals G, Aittokallio T, Westermarck J, Imanishi SY. Label-free quantitative phosphoproteomics with novel pairwise abundance normalization reveals synergistic RAS and CIP2A signaling. Scientific Reports. 2015 Aug 17;5:13099. doi: 10.1038/srep13099.
- Suni V, Imanishi SY, Maiolica A, Aebersold R, Corthals GL. Confident site localization using a simulated phosphopeptide spectral library. Journal of Proteome Research. 2015 May 1;14(5):2348-59. doi: 10.1021/acs.jproteome.5b00050.
- Kouvonen P, Rainio EM, Suni V, Koskinen P, Corthals GL. Enrichment and sequencing of phosphopeptides on indium tin oxide coated glass slides. Molecular Biosystems. 2011 Jun;7(6):1828-37. doi: 10.1039/c0mb00269k.
- Kouvonen P, Rainio EM, Suni V, Koskinen P, Corthals GL. Data combination from multiple matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization (MALDI) matrices: opportunities and limitations for MALDI analysis. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry. 2010 Dec 15;24(23):3493-5. doi: 10.1002/rcm.4785.