Dr Dmitri Gallow
Senior Research Fellow
Areas of expertise: philosophy of science; metaphysics; epistemology; rational choice theory
Location: ACU Melbourne Campus
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-6513-2050
Dmitri received his Ph.D. in Philosophy from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, in 2014. He was a Bersoff Faculty Fellow at New York University and an Assistant Professor at the University of Pittsburgh before coming to ACU in 2020. He spends most of his time thinking about causation, chance, credence, rational choice, and the connections between them. He has related interests in the philosophy of science, metaphysics, epistemology, ethics, the philosophy of economics, and logic.
- “A Model-Invariant Theory of Causation.” Forthcoming. Philosophical Review.
- “The Causal Decision Theorist’s Guide to Managing the News”. Forthcoming. The Journal of Philosophy.
- “Riches and Rationality.” Forthcoming. The Australasian Journal of Philosophy.
- “Updating for Externalists.” Forthcoming. Noûs.
- “A Subjectivist’s Guide to Deterministic Chance.” Forthcoming. Synthese.
- “Learning and Value Change.” Philosophers’ Imprint. 2019. vol. 19 (29): 1—22.
- “Diachronic Dutch Books and Evidential Import.” Philosophy and Phenomenological Research. vol. 99 (1): 49—80.
- ”No One Can Serve Two Epistemic Masters.” 2018. Philosophical Studies. vol. 175 (10): 2389—2398.