ACU Student Veteran Commencing Student Technology & Book Grant
Commencing study can be a dauting experience, this can be compounded by the financial demands associated with study. In order to support your transition into higher education ACU has developed the Student Veteran Technology and Book Grant.
Grant applications are subject to eligibility criteria which can be found below. Applications open post-census each semester and are announced in week 8 of the semester.
This grant is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria, as of the grant application closing date:
- Citizenship: All Student Veterans registered with the Student Veteran Support Program (SVSP) at ACU within their first year of study
- Faculty: Any
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Campus: Any
- Study load: Full-time
- You must be enrolled in at least 30 credit points, but not have completed more than 80 credit points at ACU in an undergraduate/post-graduate degree (excluding Non-Award undergraduate units).
- Applications will be assessed based on eligibility criteria.
- Consideration of the supporting address/rationale will be taken into account.
The American Australian Association Scholarship
Provides support of up to US$40,000 to honorably discharged post 9/11 military veterans who are undertaking, or interested in undertaking, undergraduate or postgraduate study for one-year full-time in the country of the other.
Applications open 1 September and close 15 October.
Learn more about the Veterans' Fund – American Australian Association
United States GI Bill
If you’re a US army veteran, you may be eligible to receive education funding from the US Department of Veteran Affairs (VA).
We are authorised to certify funding under the following education programs:
- Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Veterans’ Education Assistance Program
Your chosen course must be approved by VA.
To confirm if your chosen course has been approved for VA benefits, email our ACU International Admissions team.
If your course has not been approved, we can seek approval from the department for you.
If you need more information about the education benefits offered by VA, visit the official US government website.