Current and previous serving Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel understand the importance of fitness though balancing this with the day-day requirements can be difficult. Recognising the intrinsic value fitness has to service personnel and the time demand of university study, ACU implemented the Student Veteran Exercise Lifestyle Program.
The Student Veteran Exercise Lifestyle Program was first developed in mid-2020 to give student veterans studying at ACU access to the Exercise Lifestyle Clinic (ELC) and health professionals on campus. From its inception the program has generated a high level of interest quickly expanding the offerings to families of student veterans. After its first successful iteration the program was continued into 2021 with increased participation from students and families alike.
Who can get involved?
This program is available to all current student veterans and their families. The services offered include:
- One-on-one coaching with Clinical Exercise Physiologists and professional placement students
- Group training sessions with other veterans
- support to design personalised goals
- access to high-performance training facilities during study
- a great way to connect with other students and faculty members
- a chance to learn new skills and challenge yourself in ways that you may have never considered.