Goal: ACU sustains a strong and visible commitment to the mission of the Catholic Church in Australia by engaging in the Catholic intellectual tradition, and is guided by the values of truth, excellence and service.
Our students and staff pursue great things at ACU – and the University is also on an important journey. Since 2015, as part of our high-level strategic plan, we’ve set out to achieve some ambitious goals on the path to embedding excellence.
Explore our vision for the future by reading about it below or downloading the ACU Strategic Plan 2015–2020: Strength to Strength.
A bright future built on tradition
After years of growth, ACU needed an updated plan to build on our emergent strengths. The result was a new, high-level plan named ACU Strategic Plan 2015–2020: Strength to Strength.
At once future-focused and steeped in the Catholic tradition, this document charts a bold and exciting course for ACU – all while remaining true to our mission, vision and values.
On target for 2020
As part of our plan, by 2020 we aim for ACU to be recognised as:
- one of the most significant Catholic universities in the world
- a vital feature of the Australian university landscape
- a world-leading university in its areas of research specialisation
- a culture of research excellence aligned to its identity and mission
- an established university with over 30,000 students
- delivering quality programs with an innovative and distinctive learning and teaching experience within the Catholic intellectual tradition
- achieving excellent student satisfaction and graduate outcomes
- at the forefront in improving the access and outcomes of equity groups
- a university of service and a leading institution in the area of community engagement
- a culture of performance and service excellence.
Our mission, vision and values
Our strategic plan is aligned with the University’s mission and vision, and is guided by the core values of truth, academic excellence and service.
The plan upholds ACU’s mission as a goal above all others, and outlines key result areas such as championing community engagement and common good opportunities.