Please contact Campus Ministry or one of the below charities or churches in your state.
There are also on-campus Campus Ministry food cupboards which contain some basic groceries for student use.
Australian Capital Territory
Some basic groceries are available for students in two emergency food cupboards. Please contact a Campus Ministry staff member if you need assistance finding these:
- Campus Ministry Lounge – 302.G.06
- A small brown food cupboard is located in the corridor leading to room 302.G.05. The entrance to the corridor is between Campus Ministry (302.G.06) and the lecture room 302.G.44. Turn right into this corridor and the cupboard is on the right about 5 metres down.
iSEE CARE is not-for-profit organisation currently providing care packs to uni students in need. Each pack includes items such as rice, pasta, cereal, long-life milk, non-perishable food items and assorted dry foods, and toiletries when available. To arrange a pack, please email email@example.com.
An on-campus emergency food cupboard is located near to the Co-op bookshop, in Building 200 (Ground floor). Near to the noticeboard wall adjacent to the bookshop, there are two big doors you will need to open and walk through. Once inside the corridor, continue past a couple of small teaching rooms (to your left). There you will find a grey double-door tall business cabinet with an ‘Emergency Food Cupboard’ sign.
New South Wales
LifeSource is a church in Chatswood West, Sydney which has a food bank open from 8–11.45am each Thursday. On offer is a free bag of fruit, vegetables and bread, and bags of groceries that cost $15 each.
OzHarvest Provides food hampers from their market in Kensington for people facing food insecurity.
The Staples Bag has affordable groceries for those facing food insecurity in Campsie and Parramatta.
Hearth and Soul provides free meals to anyone suffering job or revenue loss as a result of COVID-19. Please register a date to receive a takeaway meal from this Newtown restaurant.
Addi Road Food Pantry has affordable, fresh food for those facing food insecurity based in Marrickville.
Some basic groceries are available for students in emergency food cupboards on our Strathfield and North Sydney campuses. Please contact a Campus Ministry staff member if you need assistance finding these:
- North Sydney: The food cupboard is at James Carroll Building, in a tall grey locker with two doors, opposite to the Careers Office which is close to AskACU.
- Strathfield: The food cupboard is found under the stairs in the Edmund Rice building, between 600.G.39 (Student Common Room) and 500.G.37 (The School Locker Campus Store).
St Mary’s House of Welcome is offering free meal parcels to international students. Laundry vouchers and toiletries may also be available. Register your interest to receive a meal parcel.
Some basic groceries are available for students in emergency food cupboards on our Ballarat and Melbourne campuses. Please contact a Campus Ministry staff member if you need assistance finding these:
- Ballarat: The food cupboard is located near the AskACU sitting area. You will find a low cupboard with a sign saying ‘Student Cupboard’.
- Melbourne: The food cupboard is located on the Mezzanine floor of the Daniel Mannix Building. Turn left on exiting the elevators and left again, following the ‘Campus Ministry’ signs. Then you will find a corridor with a set of grey cupboards, and the food cupboard is the first one of those, always unlocked and accessible.