There is scope within the school to explore Honours topics in Outdoor Leadership, International Volunteer Programs, Sports Community Engagement Programs and Sport and Physical Activity. These could involve qualitative, quantitative or a mixed-methods approach. It is also possible to combine two areas within the Faculty. For example, the psychological impact of outdoor and environmental education, or the impact of community engagement activities on students’ mental health.
Some specific outdoor projects students could currently be involved in include:
- Australian Tertiary Outdoor Education Students Graduate attributes, Thresholds Concepts
- Connecting Communities to Nature assessing the outcomes of the Nature Stewards program
- Outdoor Education in the Victorian Curriculum (must be based in Victoria)
- Outdoor Health the emergence of an International movement
- Green Scripts for Health and Wellbeing
Supervisors: Dr Beth McLeod and Dr Sandy Allen-Craig