Professor Tania Aspland
Dean, Education Policy and Strategy
ACU North Sydney Campus
Level 14, 8-20 Napier Street (Tenison Woods House), North Sydney, NSW, 2060 Australia
Phone: +61 2 9701 4584
Tania Aspland is a Professor in Teacher Education at the Australian Catholic University in Sydney and Dean, Education Policy and Strategy. She provides high-level advice on teacher education, governance and policy.
Tania is President of the Australian Council of Deans of Education and sits on a number of boards for the Australian government. She also works closely with directors and leaders of school education in government, Catholic and the independent sectors.
Tania’s research focuses on educational policy, leadership and reform, higher education curriculum and teacher education.
She has been employed in the university sector since 1980 and has developed a focus on the following areas of scholarship:
- teacher education policy and reform, both within Australia and internationally;
- teacher formation and professional growth;
- organisational change in school education and higher education contexts;
- developing a critical frame of supervision and leadership in education and higher education for social justice; and
- reforms to the conceptualising of curriculum in higher education.