ACU courses enable graduates to be:
Ethically informed and able to1. demonstrate respect for the dignity of each individual and for human diversity
2. recognise their responsibility to the common good, the environment and society
3. apply ethical perspectives in informed decision making
Knowledgeable and able to4. think critically and reflectively
5. demonstrate values, knowledge, skills and attitudes appropriate to the discipline and/or profession
6. solve problems in a variety of settings taking local and international perspectives into account
7. work both autonomously and collaboratively
Skilful and able to
8. locate, organise, analyse, synthesise and evaluate information
9. demonstrate effective communication in oral and written English language and visual media
10. utilise information and communication and other relevant technologies effectively.
In addition, graduates of research degrees should demonstrate the ability to construct knowledge through research
Highlighting the values
Australian Catholic University's (ACU) inspiration, within the Catholic intellectual tradition, summons the University to attend to all that is of concern to human beings. ACU brings a distinctive spiritual perspective to the common tasks of higher education, while being an open and inclusive community.
ACU explicitly engages the social, ethical and religious dimensions of the questions it faces in teaching and research, and service. In its endeavours, it is guided by a fundamental concern for justice and equity, and the dignity of all human beings.
ACU is committed to the pursuit of truth and academic freedom. The University seeks to develop its students as educated, skilled and ethical graduates, who are sensitive to injustice and work for the common good. In line with this commitment, and drawing on the Identity and Mission of the University, the ACU graduate attributes are unique in the sector in highlighting the values that inform all aspects of the University.
ACU undertakes to ensure that all graduates develop the University's graduate attributes. This development is achieved through explicitly teaching and assessing the University's graduate attributes within each course.