The program aims to:
- mentor youth and adults who belong to communities that face multiple challenges due to such factors as age, ability, culture, religion, ethnicity to share their stories of hope and resilience;
- build on educational aspirations of youth from low SES communities;
- create a resource that will build cultural awareness, support inclusion and challenge public perceptions;
- document and publish important community, family and personal messages;
- provide a community engagement experience that is inclusive of both ACU staff and students, and connects them on a personal level to individuals in the community;
- draw on cross faculty wisdom and talents, and collaboration;
- raise public awareness, both at ACU and in the community, about the challenges that the vulnerable in our community experience, the resilience they show, and the hopes they have for their future.