Foodbank offers the following group volunteering opportunities:
- Warehouse Pick and Pack – Tasks involve physically packing the bulk food orders placed by our charity partners.
- Warehouse Grocery Packing – Tasks involve physically packing groceries into boxes for our charity partners.
Foodbank also ask all volunteers to contribute to Foodbank Victoria by running a Food Drive. This is an opportunity to collect much-needed products such as pasta, rice, canned goods and personal hygiene items. These donations are packed into grocery boxes and distributed to their charity partners. Whether your team collects 50 items or 500 items, all donations make a difference. Foodbank asks your team to bring the Food Drive with them on the day. When you make your booking, you will be supplied with information to help run a successful Food Drive. Funds are equally as important as food. They gratefully accept monetary donations in lieu of holding a Food Drive. For every $1, they can provide $6 worth of food.
Number of people required
Pick Pack Program (physically packing food order for our charity partners)
9 volunteers (both minimum and maximum)
Grocery Packing (physically packing grocery items into boxes for our charity partners)
10-14 volunteers (10 minimum and 14 maximum)
Please ensure you can meet the minimum number of volunteers required for this activity to take place on the day.
- Pick Pack Program
9.00am to 2.30pm, Monday-Friday
- Grocery Packing
10.00am to 3.00pm, Monday and Friday only
- These tasks involve significant amounts of lifting/bending, twisting/turning, repetitive movements and standing/walking for long periods of time.
- Due to the physical nature of this work, these tasks are not be suitable for anyone with muscular, skeletal or back injuries. These task also may not be suitable for pregnant volunteers. We try our best to accommodate everyone, therefore please contact us to discuss any concerns you have prior to volunteering.
- It is mandatory everyone wears steel capped boots, hi-vis vests and gloves (all provided) so please bring thick socks.
- Boxes can weigh up to 15kgs and it is common to walk 5km around the warehouse during the day.
- Comfortable clothing suitable for lifting, bending and repetitive movements is suggested.
- The temperature inside the warehouse is generally the same as outdoors. We do not have air-conditioning or heating.
- Regular rest breaks including a 30 minute lunch. Please BYO lunch (we have a fridge and microwave).
- Please note there are no cafes within walking distance. Some teams order food in via a delivery service.
- Our OHS policy does not allow the consumption of alcohol.
How to get involved
Please email email@example.com for further information with an indication of your preferred dates.
Please note that Foodbank is heavily booked and often at least 3 months’ notice is required.