St Vincent de Paul Kids Camps run to provide children from a range of family backgrounds a week away that is full of fun, enthusiasm and new experiences. With Vincentian values guiding our camps we strive to provide camp experiences that provide children with a happy, safe and fun holiday, free of charge, and provide their parents with some respite.
Volunteers fill a range of roles on camp. More experienced members can choose to be Camp Supervisors, Recreation Leaders, First Aid Supervisors & Group Leaders.
- The main role for new volunteers is to be a group leader, with 2-3 other volunteers.
- You will be looking after a group of 6-7 children, moving them through the different camp activities.
- Volunteers are encouraged, and should expect, to be actively involved in the camp program through engaging in the camp activities (eg. Giant Swing/Flying Fox/Archery) as well as songs and group games. We value volunteers who model enthusiasm and enjoyment for the children.
Camp leaders are expected to:
- Engage with the all children; regardless of whether they are in their group or not.
- Communicate with other leaders, rec leaders, first aiders and supervisors about any areas of concern.
- Be enthusiastic and energetic while interacting with the children.
- Positively interact with children and the camp experience.
- Be enthusiastic towards all activities.
- Will not go beyond their area of responsibility (e.g. administer first aid).
To volunteer on this Program, you will need to obtain:
- Working with Children Check
- Informed Consent (Police Check)
When and where
Meetings and camps are held throughout Victoria.
The program runs in the Second week of July, September holidays, and January.
Applications for this opportunity are processed directly with the organisation.
Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
Remember If you are accessing this opportunity as a volunteer outside of a requirement of your course (i.e. not for a unit or practicum requirement), then you are NOT covered by ACU's insurance policies. If accessing this opportunity as a volunteer, we strongly recommend you confirm with the organisation that they have appropriate insurance for volunteers.
To apply, please complete, scan and return the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Informed Consent (Police Check) Form - Complete and have the 100 pts of Identification witnessed by a Justice of the Peace (Police Officer / Chemist / Solicitor). They are able to stamp and sign page 3 of the Check Form. We will process your police check for you – please note that we are unable to accept other recently acquired Police Checks.
- Obtain a Working with Children Check Card - Apply for a WWCC card online then attend a Post Office with your WWCC form to obtain a receipt – no need to send this to us, as we will get confirmation via post within about 3 weeks of your application being accepted. If you hold a current WWCC please link your card to the Society and email us a screenshot of the page.