VINES is Vinnies, Inspiring, Networking, Education and Support. St Vincent de Paul and the Scout Association of Australia (ACT) are working in collaboration to deliver a project to support young people at risk. The service aims to encourage young people at risk to rediscover their better and stronger inner selves by providing a range of activities aimed at positive outcomes such as building new life skills, networking, social and emotional development.
- To facilitate regular monthly weekend activities
- Work as a team with program leaders and other volunteers to organise, plan, schedule and implement activities
- Ensuring all duty of care requirements are met for all programs participants
- Compliance with organisational policies and procedures, training requirements, legislation, health and safety, diversity and a commitment to quality systems and continuous improvement.
- Have Fun, meet new people and ‘give back’ to the community
- At Least 21 years old
- Passionate about working with young people
- Able to take the initiative and working independently and as part of a team.
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Available to attend monthly activity and one weekend camp in the year.
- Have a current Working with Vulnerable People card or willing to obtain one (application is FREE for volunteers)
When and where
VINES monthly activities operate in various venues in and around Canberra, only on the weekend. Location can be different every month. Detail information will be sent out 2-3 weeks before the activity.
Applications for this opportunity are processed directly with the organisation.
Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
Remember If you are accessing this opportunity as a volunteer outside of a requirement of your course (i.e. not for a unit or practicum requirement), then you are NOT covered by ACU's insurance policies. If accessing this opportunity as a volunteer, we strongly recommend you confirm with the organisation that they have appropriate insurance for volunteers.
To apply, please contact Shan Chevalier:
(02) 6234 7329