The John Berne School’s priority is to prepare students for a return to mainstream education, for entering trade training or other employment options, and the staff pride themselves in achieving this.
The students can present with challenging social, emotional and academic needs which require individualised programs aimed at developing or building on their skills which are behind same-aged peers. Nurturing these students requires staff exercise enormous patience, provision of intensive support and gentle guidance. These qualities are critical in order to empower students to make the changes needed for success in education and wider.
The role is to be supportive to students, not disciplinary. The latter is the classroom teacher’s responsibility. You will:
- support students with their classwork.
- work with students in one on one situations eg. reading or literacy skills.
- work in small group situations.
- Current Working With Children Check.
- The right personality and understanding for the job.
- Good English skills.
- To be a good role model.
- To have a good understanding of the nature of the students at the School.
- Not be too anxious when interacting with students who have disabilities.
When and where
1 Thomas St, Lewisham NSW 2049
- Monday - Thursday 8:30am - 2:00pm
- Friday 8:30am - 1:30pm
Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
By applying to ACU Engagement for this opportunity, you acknowledge that your ACU email address and the information you provide in your application will be shared with the organisation that offers this opportunity. The organisation will keep your personal information confidential.