Vinnies Youth Program consist of two respite and recreation programs for children and young people in the Canberra region. The programs provide young people with holiday camps and weekend activities that they may not otherwise access due to their caring role, social isolation or financial restraints on their family.
St Joe’s Youth Program caters to vulnerable young people aged between 6-15 years and St Nick’s Young Carers Program caters to young carers between 9-17 years who cares for a family member with a chronic illness, disability, is frail aged or has a drug or alcohol dependency.
To volunteer, we are looking for people who are:
- At least 17 years old for St Joe’s Youth program
- At Least 20 years old for St Nick’s Young Carers Program
- Passionate about working with young people.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Available to attend at least one camp a year and/ or weekend activity every few months.
- Willing to obtain a Working with Vulnerable People card and provide references.
Dates and Times
Camps are during the school holidays and weekend activities are once a month during the school term.
To apply please contact Therese Canty
(02) 6234 7367
IMPORTANT NOTICE If you are completing this as a required part of your course (i.e., for a unit or practicum requirement), then you are covered by ACU's insurances. If you are accessing this opportunity as a volunteer outside of a requirement of your course, then you are NOT covered by ACU's insurance policies. If accessing this opportunity as a volunteer we strongly recommend you confirm with the organisation that they have appropriate insurance for volunteers.