St Vincent de Paul Retail Centers provide furniture, clothing and household goods to families and people who are in need or being assisted by conference members.
Retail Centers enable people to buy quality clothing and furniture at an affordable price. People donating get to support those in need while rearranging their wardrobes or garages and shoppers receive quality products at low cost. Retail Centers stock unique and youthful items from a range of eras which is proving extremely popular with bargain hunters and vintage clothing enthusiasts. Also revenue raised from Retail Centers allows for the continuation of vital services Vinnies runs across the country.
- Providing customers with an excellent shopping experience;
- Sorting and pricing donations;
- Assisting with product display;
- Keeping the store and sorting area tidy, whilst maintaining safe work practices;
- Be willing to work within the ethos of the St Vincent de Paul Society;
- Have fun, meet new people and give back to the community.
- Have a current Working with Vulnerable People Card (ACT) or Working with Children Check (NSW) or willing to obtain one (application is FREE for volunteers);
- Police check or willing to obtain one (application is Free for Volunteers through St Vincent de Paul);
- Induction and training will be provided by the Society.
When and where
Please check with the Centre Managers at each Retail Centre for availability and opportunities.
- Weston Creek
Applications for this opportunity are processed directly with the organisation.
Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
Remember If you are accessing this opportunity as a volunteer outside of a requirement of your course (i.e. not for a unit or practicum requirement), then you are NOT covered by ACU's insurance policies. If accessing this opportunity as a volunteer, we strongly recommend you confirm with the organisation that they have appropriate insurance for volunteers.
To apply, please contact Mirei Churton:
02 6234 7348