ACU students will be involved in building positive rapport with St Lucy’s students and intensive learning through explicit instruction.
Set in a classroom environment, with one teacher and two teacher’s aides, sessions are structured and supervised at all times. ACU students will be allocated based on the school’s needs and students must be willing to participate in all activities. You will receive orientation and training.
ACU students will be guided by St Lucy’s staff on class and during the placement be involved in Multi-lit assistance, 1:1 with students assisting with reading, maths, handwriting and deskwork activities, modelling of task, reinforcing skills and community access excursions, cooking, drama, art, PE.
- Practice COVID safe measures.
- ACU student must provide a cover letter with brief description about them and their interests.
- Photo ID.
- ACU students must have a current Working with Children Check and complete the following St Lucy’s forms:
- Volunteer information form
- Acknowledge of reading the St Lucy’s School Handbook (sign and return page 21)
- Two references – St Lucy’s forms to be completed by the student’s referees
- Photo permission form
- Interview and orientation.
When and where
St Lucy’s School is located in Wahroonga with satellite classes at Prouille, Wahroonga, St Joseph’s, Narrabeen, St John’s, Narraweena
ACU students must be prepared to commit to their placement resulting in minimum two to four hour time slots for two consecutive terms or 20 x weeks of school time (depending on the start date).
- Morning session 9:30 – 11:30
- Middle session 11:30 – 1:30
- All day session 9:30 – 1:30
Students must be prepared to commit to agreed times as the relationships formed during this placement are a very important factor in St Lucy’s student’s growth and development.
Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
By applying to ACU Engagement for this opportunity, you acknowledge that your ACU email address and the information you provide in your application will be shared with the organisation that offers this opportunity. The organisation will keep your personal information confidential.