Our leisure and lifestyle team within our day respite centres work to enrich the lives of their clients by, providing a welcoming, supportive and enjoyable environment, a home away from home. Always respecting the needs, complexity and value of our clients in our care, is of the upmost importance.
There is something for everyone at our day respite centres;
- Table games such as, quiz, word games, bingo, crafts
- Exercise and movement activities, such as Yoga, Tai Chi, balloon tennis, mini golf etc
- Bus trips to various locations, picnics and activities
- Guest speakers
- One on one interaction to develop relationships with clients
We encourage students to think outside the square and come up with innovative ideas!! All you need is:
- A passion for assisting individuals to reach their full potential.
- The ability to communicate with and provide social support to individuals.
- To support the lifestyle team in helping to set up/clean-up activities as required.
Visit the website
- Police Screen Check (no more than 3 years since issued)
- Statutory Declaration (only if you have been a permanent resident of another country other than Australia since the age of 16)
- Current Yellow Card if required (some sites require and will notify you ahead of placement)
- Current Blue Card if required (some sites require and will notify you ahead of placement)
Ozcare has 6 day respite centres:
Burleigh Heads Day Respite Centre
Parkwood Gardens Day Respite Centre
Clontarf Day Respite Centre
Townsville Day Respite Centre
Toowoomba Day Respite Centre
Runaway Bay Day Respite Centre
There are 12 placements available (2 per site).
All applications are processed through InPlace.
Before applying for this opportunity, ensure:
Once satisfied that you comply with the above, click on the ‘Apply now’ button below and you will be taken to the InPlace webpage to process your application.
For information and tools on how to use InPlace, please refer to the guide and video links below:
Student Reference Guide (PDF, 1.2MB)
ACU InPlace - Student Navigation
ACU InPlace - Document Upload
If you are experiencing any issues with InPlace, please contact ACU Engagement: firstname.lastname@example.org