The leisure and lifestyle team within the Ozcare day respite centres work to enrich the lives of their clients by providing a welcoming, supportive and enjoyable environment, a home away from home. Always respecting the needs, complexity and value of our clients in our care is of the utmost importance.
There is something for everyone at our day respite centres;
- Table games such as quiz, word games, bingo, crafts
- Exercise and movement activities, such as Yoga, Tai Chi, balloon tennis, mini-golf etc
- Bus trips to various locations, picnics and activities
- Guest speakers
- One on one interaction to develop relationships with clients
We encourage students to think outside the square and come up with innovative ideas!! All you need is:
- A passion for assisting individuals to reach their full potential.
- The ability to communicate with and provide social support to individuals.
- To support the lifestyle team in helping to set up/clean-up activities as required.
- Police Screen Check (no more than 3 years since issued)
- Statutory Declaration (only if you have been a permanent resident of another country other than Australia since the age of 16)
- Evidence of current flu vaccination
Ozcare has 6 day respite centres:
Burleigh Heads Day Respite Centre
Parkwood Gardens Day Respite Centre
Clontarf Day Respite Centre
Townsville Day Respite Centre
Toowoomba Day Respite Centre
Runaway Bay Day Respite Centre
There are 12 placements available (2 per site).
All applications are processed through InPlace. For information and tools on how to use InPlace, please refer to the guide on the Student Portal.
Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
By applying to ACU Engagement for this opportunity, you acknowledge that your ACU email address and the information you provide in your application will be shared with the organisation that offers this opportunity. The organisation will keep your personal information confidential.
If you are experiencing any issues with InPlace or have questions about this opportunity, please contact ACU Engagement.