For more than 20 years, Ozcare has been caring for seniors with a complementary range of aged care services. In our facilities our experienced team work with the clients to ensure they get the very best care possible, tailored to their needs.
Would you love to give back to the senior community? You can be involved in a range of activities with our clients, including:
- Exercise and movement programs, such as Tai Chi
- Scenic bus tours
- Shopping trips
- Music/ dance performance
- Bingo and other fun games
- Cooking and crafts
We also encourage you to think outside the square, to come up with innovative ideas, such as creating a man’s shed etc. All you need is:
Note for Occupational Therapy students undertaking unit OTHY204: This opportunity meets your unit requirements.
- A passion for assisting individuals to reach their full potential
- The ability to communicate with and provide social support to individuals
- To support the lifestyle team in helping to set up/clean-up activities as required
- Police Screen Check (no more than 3 years since issued)
- Statutory Declaration (if you have been a permanent resident of another country other than Australia since the age of 16)
- Evidence of current flu vaccination.
Keith Turnbull Place - Labrador
Parkwood Gardens - Labrador
Ozanam Villa – Burleigh Heads
Palm Lodge – New Farm
Ozanam Villa - Clontarf
Ozcare Hervey Bay
Villa Vincent - Townsville
Ozcare Port Douglas
There are a total of 72 placements available (4-6 per facility).
All applications are processed through InPlace. For information and tools on how to use InPlace, please refer to the guide on the Student Portal.
Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
By applying to ACU Engagement for this opportunity, you acknowledge that your ACU email address and the information you provide in your application will be shared with the organisation that offers this opportunity. The organisation will keep your personal information confidential.
If you are experiencing any issues with InPlace or have questions about this opportunity, please contact ACU Engagement.