The ‘Study support’ is an online program offered through Multicultural Australia and provides weekly tutoring to young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds. Tutors support up to 3 students from school, TAFE or university via zoom.
This program is one of many run through the Youth Services at Multicultural Australia which provides a range of support and services to young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds.
As a tutor you will:
- Provide support in specific areas e.g Maths, English, Science, Business, Accounting, Social Studies etc. (you will be asked for your areas of expertise so your students are allocated appropriately).
- Support students to understand different subjects.
- Assess, assist and encourage the students’ learning processes.
- Review materials submitted by students each week and prepare feedback to discuss when meeting them on a Thursday.
- Monitor student performance and provide feedback to Multicultural Australia staff and tutors.
- Current Blue card
- National Police Check
- Availability to attend Multicultural Australia Volunteer Induction Program (1 day session)
When and where
Currently the program is operating one evening a week from 4.30pm – 7pm every Thursday, with the possibility of expanding.
All applications are processed through InPlace. For information and tools on how to use InPlace, please refer to the guide on the Student Portal.
Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
- You fulfil the position requirements
- You are willing to undertake further processing as required
- Your availability complies with the operating dates and times
- You are able to work from home using telephone and video meetings
- You have read the relevant ACU policies and procedures (Login to Student Portal)
By applying to ACU Engagement for this opportunity, you acknowledge that your ACU email address and the information you provide in your application will be shared with the organisation that offers this opportunity. The organisation will keep your personal information confidential.