Mary MacKillop Outreach (MMO) provides safe, friendly and
supported centre-based and community participation day
programs for people with a disability.
The service offers an extensive portfolio of educational
programs and also provides community based activities
through regular recreational and educational bus outings.
As a volunteer you would be:
- Joining in activities with those we support and encouraging their participation;
- Facilitating programs under the mentorship of staff;
- Assisting with preparation, serving and clean-up of meals;
- Assisting with care support plans;
- Providing social and peer support – listening and conversing with clients; and
- Attending volunteer meetings and certain activities.
All volunteers will be required to:
- Participate in a phone interview;
- Complete a Volunteer Application, providing the contact details of two referees;
- Undertake a Working with Children Check;
- Consent to a National Criminal History Check through the St Vincent de Paul Society;
- Have interest and ability to work in a program involved in mental health issues;
- Willingness to undertake required training if required;
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality and work as part of a team;
- An ability to show empathy, be non-judgemental and show respect at all times;
- First Aid Certificate is desirable but not essential; and
- Follow program policies including Work, Health & Safety.
When and where
Mary MacKillop Outreach, 1 -5 Rogers Ave, Haberfield NSW 2045
Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 2.00pm.
Minimum requirement is to attend for at least one day (5 hours) per week over a three month period, however this is negotiable.
Before you apply for this opportunity, please consider the time that the program runs and your availability to determine whether you will be able to complete an appropriate number of placement hours. If you would like to apply for this opportunity, but do not feel as though you can complete all your placement hours in this program, please ask your lecturer about whether you may split your placement hours between more than one organisation.
Please email your expression of interest to email@example.com
In your email please indicate:
- your student number;
- your community engagement unit;
- your availability to participate in this program;
- the number of placement hours you would like to complete with the St Vincent de Paul Society;
- the final date that you must complete your placement by (as per your Unit Outline and/or advice from your lecturer);
- whether you have a current and valid Working With Children Check Clearance; and
- whether you are already volunteering with the St Vincent de Paul Society.