Concern Australia’s LiveWires provides after school care and holiday programs for primary aged children living in and around the Collingwood public housing estate.
We offer a community development program to build the childrens resilience and enhance their learning and creativity. LiveWires provides healthy meals, creative and expressive outlets, recreational and sports activities, cooking and gardening programs, play-based approaches to numeracy and literacy, and leadership peer programs. We support the children by providing them with opportunities to regulate their emotions, feel safe and create avenues for improved trust and growth.
Working under the direction of the LiveWires Coordinator, and along side other volunteers, you will assist in the delivery of the after school program which is run at the Collingwood Neighbourhood House. Tasks and duties include:
- Assissting in set up and pack down of the program, getting equipments and materials needed for the programs acitivies.
- Engaging children in a variety of activities such as: cooking, sport, boardgames, dance, art and crafts, gardening.
- Providing support to children where needed.
- Assisting the coordinator in the running of the program including behavior management, student engagement, and transitions throughout the session.
- Engage in the dinner program, including teaching and demonstrating healthy eating habits to the children.
- Providing a positive and safe environment for the children to engage in activities.
LiveWires is a child-safe organization. All volunteers are required to:
- Provide a National Police Check
- Provide a Working with Children Check
- Partake in an interview with the LiveWires coordinator
- Provide two referees
- Sign our volunteer policies prior to commencement
LiveWires asks all volunteers to abide by our values policies and procedures as outlined in our Volunteer Agreement.
Significant policies and procedures include:
- Organisational values
- Volunteer policy and procedures
- Code of conduct
- Child safety and protection policy
When and where
Collingwood Neighbourhood House on the Collingwood Public Housing Estate
During school terms, our program runs:
Tuesday: 2:30pm - 6:15pm and Wednesday: 2:00pm - 6:15pm
We offer school holiday programs on Tuesday and Wednesday of each week of the school holidays and these hours vary.
Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
By applying to ACU Engagement for this opportunity, you acknowledge that your ACU email address and the information you provide in your application will be shared with the organisation that offers this opportunity. The organisation will keep your personal information confidential.