Lifeline Ballarat is one of 40 centres across Australia, being part of a trusted national charity that has been saving lives and supporting Australians in need for more than 50 years.
Lifeline Ballarat delivers crisis support and suicide prevention services.
Our centre contributes to the 13 11 14 service which answers more than 2200 calls each day. That is one call answered every 32 seconds.
Our service provides confidential 24/7 telephone crisis support and referral services to Australians in need.
Last year Lifeline Ballarat's Crisis Supporters answered close to 10,000 calls.
Lifeline Ballarat provides community and corporate training with a mental health, wellness and awareness focus. Some of the courses we offer include ASIST, Mental Health First Aid and DV-aware and DV-alert. Lifeline Ballarat has been supporting its community for 48 years and is still going strong.
Volunteer Crisis Supporter
- Attendance at an information night.
- Application form.
- Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- National Criminal Record Check
- Satisfactory completion of the Crisis Supporter Workplace Training nationally accredited training program
- Able to volunteer for Lifeline Ballarat for a minimum of 8 hours a month for at least two years after completing the training.
- Applicants must attend an information session and complete an application form.
When and where
Lifeline Ballarat – Central Ballarat location
Two intakes of Crisis Supporter Workplace Training students each year (February and July – approximately).
Applications for this opportunity are processed directly with the organisation.
Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
Remember If you are accessing this opportunity as a volunteer outside of a requirement of your course (i.e. not for a unit or practicum requirement), then you are NOT covered by ACU's insurance policies. If accessing this opportunity as a volunteer, we strongly recommend you confirm with the organisation that they have appropriate insurance for volunteers.
To apply, contact Lifeline at firstname.lastname@example.org