Holy Family Primary is a catholic primary school catering for boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 6, from 12 suburbs in the Mt Druitt area. A feature of the school is its diversity of cultures and the way in which the many cultures contribute to the life of the school.
In 2015, the school introduced, with the assistance of ACU, an After School Challenge Club. The club provides students with educational activities which build a strong foundation for learning and challenges their thinking. Holy Family Primary School is looking for your support in making their club a continued success.
The Holy Family After School Challenge Club is an after-school program for Year 3-6 students at Holy Family Primary, Emerton. Students who attend the program have chosen to be there. The aim of the program is to create a fun environment for the students to develop a love of learning through educational games and activities.
School students have a short fruit-break after school before making their way to the hall for the Challenge Club, which will run for one hour. The Challenge Club helpers support the teacher to setup the activities, and then join in with a small group of primary-aged students as they work together on educational games and activities.
No previous tutoring experience required, just enthusiasm to get involved and make learning fun.
- Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Interview with Equity Pathways
When and where
2:45pm - 4:30pm, each Wednesday afternoon of school terms.
In discussion with the school, it may be possible to arrange 1-2 additional Community Engagement hours for you each afternoon in a classroom before Challenge Club begins. Please indicate on your application if you would be available for this additional opportunity.
- Term 1: February - April (14 hours with possibility to of an additional 1-2 hours each week over 8 weeks)
- Term 2: May - July (14 hours with possibility to of an additional 1-2 hours each week over 8 weeks)
- Term 3: July - September (14 hours with possibility to of an additional 1-2 hours each week over 8 weeks)
- Term 4: October - December (10 hours with possibility to of an additional 1-2 hours each week over 6 weeks)
Holy Family Primary School - 252 Luxford Rd, Emerton NSW 2770
Please consider the dates that the program operates and your availability to determine whether you will be able to complete an appropriate number of placement hours. If you would like to apply for this opportunity, but do not feel as though you can complete all your placement hours in this program, please ask your lecturer about whether you may split your placement hours between more than one organisation. Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
In the 'Message' section of your application please note:
- Why you are interested in this position;
- Whether you want to apply to provide an additional 1-2 hours of classroom support each week before the Challenge Club begins.
By applying to ACU Engagement for this opportunity, you acknowledge that your ACU email address and the information you provide in your application will be shared with the organisation that offers this opportunity. The organisation will keep your personal information confidential.