Undertake community engagement at the Matthew Talbot Hostel, Woolloomooloo, to serve nutritious meals to men experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless. You can nominate your preferred dates and sessions. Session times are provided below.
All meals are prepared by catering staff. You will be required to:
- Prepare dining room;
- Serve meals;
- Clear dining room.
- Provide details of your Working with Children Check
Undertake a National Police Check through the St Vincent de Paul Society. After you register, the paperwork for the police check through Vinnies will be emailed to you.
- Undertake an interview and mandatory training.
- Undertake mandatory online training. The online training link will be provided to you once your police check and WWCC are cleared.
When and where
Matthew Talbot Hostel, Woolloomooloo
Two-hour shifts are available 7 days per week at the following times:
- Breakfast: 6:30am – 8:30am
- Lunch: 11:30am – 1:30pm
- Dinner: 4:30pm – 6:30pm
You may choose to serve breakfast, lunch and/or dinner on any day/s of the week. The St Vincent de Paul Society will use the availability you provide to develop a roster.
Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
In the 'Message' section of your application please note:
- which shifts (breakfast, lunch and/or dinner) you would like to register for and on which days of the week (note: if you do not want to attend this placement on a weekly basis, please indicate which dates you are available to complete your placement)
- whether you have previously volunteered, or are already volunteering, with the St Vincent de Paul Society.
By applying to ACU Engagement for this opportunity, you acknowledge that your ACU email address and the information you provide in your application will be shared with the organisation that offers this opportunity. The organisation will keep your personal information confidential.