Meet & Eat is a weekly community lunch program run by Cultivating Community in partnership with Cohealth Community Health Centre at the Fitzroy Community Food Centre.
The lunch is free and open to anyone who wants to join in. Participants can come and help prepare the food or just come along to share the lunch. The group also discusses local initiatives, services and issues to help participants get a better sense of what is available in their local community. Starting in October 2015, this program has a diverse group of participants all keen to share their cultural cuisines – the lunches have so far featured Turkish, Chinese, Indian, Egyptian and Afghani dishes.
Working under the direction of the Meet and Eat Facilitator, the primary focus of the role is to assist with setting up and packing up, working with participants to create elements of the meal and to generally participate in the session helping to ensure everyone is engaged and involved.
- Police Check
- Minimum of two references
- All volunteers, interns and students are expected to demonstrate Cultivating Community’s values.
- Ability to develop good relationships and communicate respectfully with fellow volunteers, program participants and Cultivating Community staff.
When and where
Fitzroy Community Food Centre at the Atherton Estate in Fitzroy.
Once a week on Wednesdays - 11:15pm to 1:30pm
There are 2 positions available.
Once you submit an enquiry, you will directed through the application process as follows:
- Complete an Expression of Interest form.
- Face-to-face or phone interview.
- If successful, an induction will take place as well as an exchange of required documentation before you begin the placement.
To enquire or apply for this opportunity, please email ACU Engagement.