Catholic Healthcare is a leading not-for-profit provider of Residential Aged Care, Community services, Retirement Living and Healthcare in NSW and QLD. Catholic Healthcare’s Mission is promoting life by providing aged, health and community services, inspired by the Catholic tradition.
Students will be offered the opportunity to participate in initiatives within the lifestyle and engagement programs at either site based on suitability/location preference. Our lifestyle and leisure team work to enrich the lives of our residents by: inspiring people to live with purpose, creating a home away from home and respecting the uniqueness, complexity and value of the residents in our care.
- Arts and craft activities: including painting sessions and craft activities such as jewellery making
- Intergenerational programs: including playgroups, visits from high school and primary students and engagement with other youth local to the area
- Memory support programs: activities and experiences to suit and support those residents with Dementia
- Exercise and movement programs: including tai chi for arthritis, gardening, Zumba and group exercises with DT or physiotherapist
- Outdoor experiences – including gardening and resident outings (subject to WHS and appropriate risk assessment)
- Special events: significant to the calendar month such as St Patricks Day, Anzac Day, specific cultural celebrations etc.
- Students will also have the opportunity to develop individual relationships with residents and where appropriate offer emotional support and friendship.
- Communicating with and providing social support to individual residents
- Helping to engage residents in the activities listed above
- Support for the lifestyle team in helping to set up/clean-up activities as required.
- Current Blue Card
- Police Check
- Completed a Statutory Declaration (if the Police check is older than 12 months – document provided upon application)
- Read the Volunteer Orientation Manual (provided upon application)
- Completed the Volunteer Application AND Agreement forms (provided upon application)
- Students who have a minimum of 30 hours community engagement placement
- At the end of your placement, you will be required to complete a survey about your experience. The survey will provide Catholic Healthcare and ACU with valuable information on how to improve the placement experience for future students.
When and where
9:00am – 3:00pm each working day.
Applications are currently closed
All applications are processed through InPlace. For information and tools on how to use InPlace, please refer to the guide on the Student Portal.
Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
By applying to ACU Engagement for this opportunity, you acknowledge that your ACU email address and the information you provide in your application will be shared with the organisation that offers this opportunity. The organisation will keep your personal information confidential.
If you are experiencing any issues with InPlace or have questions about this opportunity, please contact ACU Engagement.