Students will be offered the opportunity to participate in initiatives within the lifestyle and engagement programs at either site based on suitability/location preference. Our lifestyle and leisure team work to enrich the lives of our residents by: inspiring people to live with purpose, creating a home away from home and respecting the uniqueness, complexity and value of the residents in our care.
- Arts and craft activities: including painting sessions and craft activities such as jewellery making
- Intergenerational programs: including playgroups, visits from high school and primary students and engagement with other youth local to the area
- Memory support programs: activities and experiences to suit and support those residents with Dementia
- Exercise and movement programs: including tai chi for arthritis, gardening, Zumba and group exercises with DT or physiotherapist
- Outdoor experiences – including gardening and resident outings (subject to WHS and appropriate risk assessment)
- Special events: significant to the calendar month such as St Patricks Day, Anzac Day, specific cultural celebrations etc.
- Students will also have the opportunity to develop individual relationships with residents and where appropriate offer emotional support and friendship.
Visit the Catholic Healthcare website
- Communicating with and providing social support to individual residents
- Helping to engage residents in the activities listed above
- Support for the lifestyle team in helping to set up/clean-up activities as required.
- Current Blue Card
- Police Check
- Students who have a minimum of 30 hours community engagement placement
When and where
Commencing Semester 1, 2019 throughout the year.
9.00am – 3.00pm each working day.
There are currently two locations in QLD who will undertake student placements. These are:
There are 5 places available.
All applications are processed through InPlace.
Before applying for this opportunity, ensure:
Once satisfied that you comply with the above, click on the ‘Apply now’ button below and you will be taken to the InPlace webpage to process your application.
For information and tools on how to use InPlace, please refer to the guide and video links below:
Student Reference Guide (PDF, 1.2MB)
ACU InPlace - Student Navigation
ACU InPlace - Document Upload
If you are experiencing any issues with InPlace or have questions about this opportunity, please contact ACU Engagement: firstname.lastname@example.org