Carringbush Adult Education supports adults from culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse backgrounds to develop skills and knowledge to further their education and employment pathways.
We combine education with community development to support individuals, families and communities to improve their English language and literacy, and build their capacity to access local services, engage in community events, participate in employment programs and pursue education opportunities. We work with disadvantaged individuals and vulnerable families using strengths-based approaches to support people to address their barriers to participation and to advocate for themselves and their families.
Classroom EAL Tutors volunteer to support adult migrant and refugee students to improve their English language in a classroom setting, facilitated by a qualified TESOL teacher. Duties may include:
- Reading beginner-level stories in small groups
- Helping individual students to complete activities or worksheets
- Role playing English dialogues
- Casual conversation groups
- Assisting in general EAL classroom activities: Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening and Pronunciation
- Police Check (this can be provided by Carringbush Adult Education).
- Strong conversational spoken English and intermediate or above written English. Applicants from diverse language backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- Face-to-face or video interview and referee checks.
When and where
Richmond Library, Richmond Housing Estate, Belgium Avenue Neighbourhood House
A minimum of one 3-hour session per week.
Weekday mornings 9:30am – 12:30pm. Some weekday afternoons available 1pm – 3pm.
There are 3 positions available. Applications close:
- Semester one: February 21, 2020
- Semester two: July 31, 2020
Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
By applying to ACU Engagement for this opportunity, you acknowledge that your ACU email address and the information you provide in your application will be shared with the organisation that offers this opportunity. The organisation will keep your personal information confidential.