Carringbush Adult Education supports adults from culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse backgrounds to develop skills and knowledge to further their education and employment pathways.
We combine education with community development to support individuals, families and communities to improve their English language and literacy, and build their capacity to access local services, engage in community events, participate in employment programs and pursue education opportunities. We work with disadvantaged individuals and vulnerable families using strengths-based approaches to support people to address their barriers to participation and to advocate for themselves and their families.
Children’s Play and Learning Support Volunteers assist young children to develop a broad range of skills with a focus on early literacy, through play, craft, story-telling, rhymes, songs and games. Child participants are aged from infants to 5 years. Volunteers work in a team alongside qualified childcare workers.
- Support children to develop early literacy skills through play, craft, story-telling, rhymes, songs and games
- Increase family engagement with books
- Support childcare workers in facilitating activities for children
- Assist with the preparation of fruit and snacks at break time
- Accompany children on group excursions
- Adhere to the Volunteer Code of Conduct, Occupational Health and Safety Policy and Child Safety Policy
There is 1 place available for semester 1 and 2-3 places, depending on availability, for semester 2.
- Police Check (this can be provided by Carringbush Adult Education).
- Working With Children Check
- Strong conversational spoken English and intermediate or above written English. Applicants from diverse language backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- Face-to-face or video interview and referee checks.
When and where
Richmond Library, Richmond Housing Estate, Belgium Avenue Neighbourhood House
One 4-hour face-to-face session per week. Additional hours may be available.
Fridays 9:45am – 1:45pm, additional hours as negotiated.
Applications are currently closed
Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
By applying to ACU Engagement for this opportunity, you acknowledge that your ACU email address and the information you provide in your application will be shared with the organisation that offers this opportunity. The organisation will keep your personal information confidential.