The Blind Eye Centre is a daytime sanctuary for the most vulnerable in our city. This centre is based on Christian values and behaviour with each individual being treated with dignity and respect. The centre consists of regular activities, basic facilities and services to assist those with a variety of needs. The centre desires to not only meet the material needs, but the fullness of the individual, mind, body and soul.
- Provide a warm presence to homeless visitors of the centre
- Have conversations with people experiencing homelessness
- Provide assistance in meeting the requests of the visitors eg. towels, clothing, toiletries
- General centre duties include; cleaning and restocking
- Current Blue Card (Vulnerable Adults)
- National Police Check
- Archdiocesan Safeguarding Training (provided by BEM)
- General induction at the Blind Eye Centre
- Read and sign BEM Code of Conduct
When and where
9am - 3pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Blind Eye Centre: 19 Merivale St, South Brisbane QLD
- Maximum of 2 days of placements, per student, per week
- 2 shifts available per day: 9.00am – 12.00pm and 12.00pm – 3.00pm
- 4 places available per shift (8 places each day of operation)
All applications are processed through InPlace.
Before applying for this opportunity, ensure:
Once satisfied that you comply with the above, click on the ‘Apply now’ button below and you will be taken to the InPlace webpage to process your application.
For information and tools on how to use InPlace, please refer to the guide and video links below:
Student Reference Guide (PDF, 1.2MB)
ACU InPlace - Student Navigation
ACU InPlace - Document Upload
If you are experiencing any issues with InPlace or have questions about this opportunity, please contact ACU Engagement: firstname.lastname@example.org