The Beyond the Broncos Mentoring Program aims to improve school attendance rates and Year 12 attainment rates for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in 40 high schools across South East Queensland and Northern NSW through school based mentoring and learning support.
Volunteers will provide in school tutoring and learning support to participating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
- Current Blue Card to be presented upon arrival at the school
- Availability during school hours and school terms
- Induction – Read the Volunteer Handbook and complete Education Queensland’s mandatory all-staff training on arrival
- Sign the volunteer register on arrival
When and where
School opening hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am – 3:00pm.
- Wavell SHS
- Mitchelton SHS
- Tullwong SHS (Years 10-12)
- Loganlea SHS (Years 10-12)
- Marsden SHS (Years 10-12)
- Cavendish Road SHS (Year 7-12)
- Woodcrest SC (Year 7-12)
Schools availability may vary please refer to online application.
There are 50 positions available.
All applications are processed through InPlace. For information and tools on how to use InPlace, please refer to the guide on the Student Portal.
Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
By applying to ACU Engagement for this opportunity, you acknowledge that your ACU email address and the information you provide in your application will be shared with the organisation that offers this opportunity. The organisation will keep your personal information confidential.
If you are experiencing any issues with InPlace or have questions about this opportunity, please contact ACU Engagement.