Ballarat Community Health works in partnership with the community to create opportunities and supportive environments which empower people to develop and maintain healthy lifestyles and prevent or manage illness.
Our many diverse volunteer roles are closely aligned with this mission:
- Needle & Syringe packing for harm minimisation program
- Engaging children (through play) who are attending the Tuning into Teens parenting program with their family
- Wrapping and delivering Christmas gifts for disadvantaged clients
- Citizenship support – assisting migrants to prepare for their citizenship test and/or interview
- All volunteers must produce evidence of a Police Records Check completed within the calendar year.
- Most volunteer roles also require a current Working with Children card.
- Volunteers will be interviewed to ensure a good fit with the role in which they are interested.
- All new BCH volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation session.
When and where
Needle & Syringe packing
BCH Lucas (could also be at ACU if required)
Every 2nd Wednesday, 10.30-12.30
Tuning into Teens
BCH Sebastopol (260 Vickers St)
Dates to be confirmed
Early to mid-December
BCH Lucas or a public library location (could also be at ACU if required)
Dates and times to suit client and volunteer, but will be Mon-Fri 9.00am-5.00pm.
Remedial gym group
Mondays and Wednesdays 1.00-3.00 and at BCH Lucas on Tuesdays from 2.00-4.00 or Thursdays from 1.00-3.00 (preferably Physio students).
Applications for this opportunity are processed directly with the organisation.
Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
Remember If you are accessing this opportunity as a volunteer outside of a requirement of your course (i.e. not for a unit or practicum requirement), then you are NOT covered by ACU's insurance policies. If accessing this opportunity as a volunteer, we strongly recommend you confirm with the organisation that they have appropriate insurance for volunteers.
To apply please contact Michelle Graffeo, Volunteer & Student Coordinator, for a Volunteer application form.
03 5338 4576