Ashfield Special Tutoring & Assistance Program (STAP) provides homework assistance to students attending Ashfield Public School. Ashfield STAP provides support to students who are having difficulties completing homework due to academic ability and/or may be experiencing difficulty in the home environment.
The program objective:
- Aims to build confidence and skills in students to attempt answers to written questions, creative writing/storytelling
- Aims to build confidence is numeracy skills, ability to use numbers and apply methods
- Increase self-esteem, confidence and motivation
Small groups of students are supported with completing their homework, these students may have academic concerns. The program targets stage 2 & 3 students who are in years 3 – 6. Tutors have the option of being involved in classroom activities from 1:30pm -3:00pm prior to the STAP program. STAP is delivered from 3:00pm – 4:30pm. STAP hopes for motivated and approachable students who are engaged with the program and undertake reasonable directions from the program co-ordinator and school teachers. Please note, no phones are permitted while teaching.
When and where
Ashfield Public School
Session/s are as follows
- Classroom session 1:30pm to 3:00pm
- After-school session 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
By applying to ACU Engagement for this opportunity, you acknowledge that your ACU email address and the information you provide in your application will be shared with the organisation that offers this opportunity. The organisation will keep your personal information confidential.