The ACU Centre for Languages is looking for volunteers who are keen to work with international students, and who are patient, friendly and welcoming. You will need to be interested in learning about other cultures and have a good understanding about ACU and Melbourne culture, activities, events, systems and be interested in conveying this information to new arrivals, both to ACU and Melbourne.
We are particularly interested in volunteers who are studying teaching, speech pathology, and health science courses, but all students are welcome to apply.
You’ll have a desire to help international students within the Centre for Languages to:
- meet and interact with local students in their classes within the Centre for Languages
- better adjust to the ACU environment
- build their confidence with their English and study skills through socialisation, meet-ups, clubs and societies
- adapt to life in Melbourne and feel welcome, make friends and feel supported both at ACU and in the Melbourne community
Note: due to the impact of COVID-19, there is also opportunity for students to work across English conversation classes and assist with other small events within the Centre. Some programs/events may be offered online in accordance with government restrictions. Students can expect up to 2 hours of voluntary work per week during Semester 2, 2020.
- Proficient in English and good communicative skills.
- Hold a volunteer Working With Children Check (WWCC).
- Be able to attend an introductory training session in week 3 of semester.
When and where
ACU Centre for Languages, Melbourne
Level 5, 115 Victoria Parade (Main building) Fitzroy VIC 3065
Dates and times are flexible.
Applications are currently closed
Before applying for this opportunity please ensure:
By applying to ACU Engagement for this opportunity, you acknowledge that your ACU email address and the information you provide in your application will be shared with the organisation that offers this opportunity. The organisation will keep your personal information confidential.