Vinnies Kids Camps run to provide children from a range of family backgrounds a week away that is full of fun, enthusiasm and new experiences. With Vincentian values guiding our camps we strive to provide camp experiences that provide children with a happy, safe and fun holiday, free of charge, and provide their parents with some respite.
Volunteers fill a range of roles on camp. More experienced members can choose to be Camp Supervisors, Recreation Leaders, First Aid Supervisors & Group Leaders.
- The main role for new volunteers is to be a group leader, with 2-3 other volunteers.
- You will be looking after a group of 6-7 children, moving them through the different camp activities.
- Volunteers are encouraged, and should expect, to be actively involved in the camp program through engaging in the camp activities (eg. Giant Swing/Flying Fox/Archery) as well as songs and group games. We value volunteers who model enthusiasm and enjoyment for the children.
Camp leaders are expected to:
- Engage with the all children; regardless of whether they are in their group or not.
- Communicate with other leaders, rec leaders, first aiders and supervisors about any areas of concern.
- Be enthusiastic and energetic while interacting with the children.
- Positively interact with children and the camp experience.
- Be enthusiastic towards all activities.
- Will not go beyond their area of responsibility (e.g. administer first aid).
To volunteer on this Program, you will need to obtain:
- Working with Children Check
- Informed Consent (Police Check)
Meetings and camps are held throughout Victoria.
Dates and Times
The program runs in the Second week of July, September holidays, and January.
Step 1: Please complete, scan and return the following:
- Informed Consent (Police Check) Form
Complete and have the 100 pts of Identification witnessed by a Justice of the Peace (Police Officer / Chemist / Solicitor). They are able to stamp and sign page 3 of the Check Form. We will process your police check for you – please note that we are unable to accept other recently acquired Police Checks.
Step 2: Obtain a Working with Children Check Card
- Apply for a WWCC card online.
- Attend a Post Office with your WWCC Form to obtain a receipt – no need to send this to us, as we will get confirmation via post within about 3 weeks of your application being accepted.
If you hold a current WWCC - please link your card to the Society and email us a screenshot of the page.