CAP applications for 2019 will open at 10am on Tuesday 1 May 2018.
We've put together a checklist to help make your Community Achiever Program application successful:
Prepare your Community Experience Statement
- Use a personal email address like gmail. Don't use your school email address.
- Think about your community experience and identify the main roles you've undertaken. What did you do? When and how often? You'll need to tell us about your community involvement in a Community Experience Statement. Read through the suggestions in our Writing your CAP application section - remember, you can submit two statements if you need to.
- Consider who could be your referee to verify for us what you say in your statement.
- Talk to your referee and let them know that you're applying. Remember, your referee should be part of the organisation you've volunteered with and know what you've done. You'll need to tell us their name, position and an accurate email address so they can confirm what you've done when we email them.
- If you've been involved in lots of volunteering activities, focus your statements on the activities where you gave a significant amount of time to assist others. You can include a few activities in the same statement - just make sure your referee can verify what you did.
- When you're ready to start writing, find a quiet place so that you can focus. Write a description of your community involvement using our tips on what to include. Save a copy of your community experience statement/s as a Word document so you can easily copy and paste your statement into the CAP application form.
- Have a friend, family member or your referee read your Community Experience Statement. Two heads are better than one - they may pick up something you have overlooked.
- Read the information about our assessment and offer processes
Submit your application
Are you completing Year 12 in 2018? CAP applications for 2019 will open on 1 May 2018.
Not a school-leaver in 2018? CAP applications for 2019 will open on 1 May 2018.
Please note - if you submit more than one application, only the first one will be considered.
Monitor your application
After you submit your application, you'll receive an email detailing what to do next.
We'll email your referee/s to verify your community involvement before we can consider your application. This is a good time to contact them to make sure they received the email and will reply to us soon. Remember, we can't consider your application until at least one referee has responded to us.
When we have all of your referee's responses we'll update the status of your application to 'Complete, Ready for Assessment', and you'll be able to see that against your application.
So you need to monitor your application regularly to check whether your referee/s have replied to our email and confirm when your application is complete.
Page last updated: 2018-01-12
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/462464